Monday, September 22, 2008

"Attack of the KIller Cats"

I really dont know what to say about this essay. I dont know what it was trying to show and what the point of it was. I thought the actually experiment or the article was kind of pointless. The study is something that I dont think that is needed at all. I mean do you really want to know how many animals cats really end up killing? I sure don't. I was trying to figure out throughout the essay weather or not it was for fun or it was real. I have a slight feeling that from what the students have written on the side, was that this was a fake and silly thing that this person wrote. 
In the article the author glorifies the owners and describes them as proud owners. If my cat brought in a whole bunch of dead things I would be grossed out and put a stop to it i would defiantly not be proud of him. In the research the owner was asked to store the dead animals or things that their cat brought in. I thought this was a total waste of time and no need for all these dead animals. 
I really did not know what to think about this reading. It was a little odd and I thought that the study was a little unneeded. 

2 comments:

Blogs for Comp. said...

I agree with alot of things that you have said. There was no point inm the research. They should have just let the cats do what they want. If they dont want their cats to bring in dead anmials then they shouldnt let their cats outside.
Then having the people collect all of the dead animals was very gross. Who would want to keep those kinds of things in a house. I think the whole point of the research was a waste of time. They could have spent more time working on something else.

Michelle said...

I agree with you almost completely on your blog. There was no real point to the topic of their research and they could of spent their time doing something esle. I am definitley not proud when my cats bring in creatures for me. It is sad and very gross. It was also a total waste to make the owner store the dead animals. How gross and another total waste of time. Although i agree with you on all that, I dont think the story was a silly fake.